Exams are over!!! I just have to go in at 10 a.m tomorrow for P.E. even tho we're not gonna do anything, but at least I get to sleep in some!! Tomorrow's a half day, and so is Friday, and then I'll be FREE. I can't wait! :) And then two months till Mack comes, and twenty something days till Sonshine. :) Summer - you're almost here!!
//this looks like a scene from anne of green gables//
Its already May 17 and I keep on asking myself, "Where has the time gone??" Its just flown by since last August, when school started, and now I've only got two more weeks left. Unbelievable. Well, actually, I better start believing it because these last two weeks are gonna fly by and then summer will be here!! A few things I'm looking forward to with great anticipation in the months of June and July are:
1. My bestest friend in the whole world Mackenna is coming for a whole week!! All the way from Iowa, where I used to live. :) We are gonna have a blast! I plan on taking some videos and BUNCHES of pictures to share with you all!!!
2. Sonshine, my church's VBS, is happening in late June. I'm a Bible teacher for two nights, for the 2's and 3's and I can't wait!! Last year was my first year, and so now I'm experienced. Oh, the power in that one word. ;)
3. Learning how to drive. The parents are still talking about whether Andrew and I should, now that we are 18, take driver's-ed, or just have them teach us. I'm rooting for the latter. My friend Natalie has told me plenty of horror stories about driver's ed.... :/
4. Maybe getting a job. Working at American Eagle would be fun, I think. Or any clothing store in the mall. :) Or maybe at some cute diner. IDK.
Ladies Retreat was a few weekends ago, but I finally was given some of the pictures taken of me and my mom at the retreat, and so thought I'd share them on here! :)
mom and i at our table
mrs. b and i. whoa i look wiped, but i really wasn't tired...
mom and a lady who's name escapes me...
mom, me, and mrs. miller
Ladies Retreat was awesome!! It was the first year I was able to go, because you had to be 16, and I'm 18. The speaker was Peggy Walker (anyone heard of her??) She's such a lovely woman, funny but has wonderfully convicting messages! :) She also went to BBC, and totally got me interested in thinking about it for a future college, specially after she told me all about the different financial aid they provide. ;) This year's message was all about breaking from the chains that have you bound, that are keeping you from living your life completely for Jesus.It was totally what I needed to hear!! Oh, the stories she shared about people she'd witnessed to. It got me soo excited to tell others! She said to always just keep one ear (and eye?) open for oppurtunities, and don't force it! Forcing it always makes the situation awkward and uncomfortable.
So that was my lovely weekend spent Friday night and practically all day Saturday. It was a refreshing week spent with older women (which I don't mind, btw) and two other teen girls.
So, in English class we are reading 'Romeo and Juliet' and I must say its pretty ridiculous, the way R&J fall madly in love in like five minutes and are already kissing and holding hands before even saying more than 2 dozen words to each other.
Our English teacher, because we are reading this *wonderful* Shakespeare story, gave us a writing assignment on writing down our preferences in a future mate, and so I thought I'd just share them here with you.
1. Must be a Christian and love the Lord more than me.
2. Must be saving his first kiss for me on our wedding day/must be a virgin.
3. Must be a servant, willing to help others less fortunate.
4. Must be honest, trust-worthy, kind, gentle, patient and loving.
5. Must be good looking to me (anyone else's opinion really doesn't matter!!)
6. Must have a nice singing voice so the two of us can sing together (like in church.)
7. Must love kids!
8. Must love the outdoors.
9. Must be emotionally-pure (and not have a lot of emotional baggage from past relationships).
10. Must love southern gospel music!! :)
Have any of you ever made a list?
What are a few things you want in a future spouse?
I leave you with this beautiful song. The ending score from 'Flicka'.