Three days ago I started my 1st day of my last year in high school. It is soo hard to believe that I'm almost done! Tuesday night the senior class had a campout at school. We made a big bonfire and made s'mores, lit sparklers, chalked up almost the whole parking lot and all of the sidewalks, danced and played music, and talked around the campfire for about 4 hours. Mostly all of us stayed up the whole night and into the morning when school started. We were soooo tired, but senior campout was worth it!! :)
Me and Em. She calls me Salamanders and I call her Millie.
Playin with silly string!
Sparklers with Nat-Nat!! :) So much fun!!
Senior Girls <3
Felicia, Natalie, & me after the rock was painted!
WE MADE IT, NAT!!! SENIORS AT LAST!
Power naps before the last chapel sesh!!! :)
Thursday was chapel all day, and something that the speaker said really stuck with me. He said, "If I were to come videotape you living your life, what would I see? At the end of the video, would I say that you really lived your life for God, or that you wasted your life doing things that gave you pleasure?" And then also on Friday, our Bible teacher spoke in devos before heading to KOA for the day. He said, "We do what we do, because we want what we want." And that really got to me, too. I spend soo much of my time selfishly doing what I want, instead of dying to myself and living for Jesus only. I pray that this year I will start dying to self daily and start living for my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!
Sooo my family's "adopted" sister Kara, introduced me and my sisters to the most amazingest show on earth - Once Upon a Time. Like, I don't have the words to describe it. Its confusing, and complicated, and exciting, and filled with romance and adventure and mystery.
To sum it up - its the awesomest show ever created so go watch it now and fall in love like I did. :)
oh hello there ginnifer!!!
awww James, er... David... I mean, Prince Charming... see its confusing!!
Awwww, you just made my day love!! I love youuuu too my dear! And you are also those things and more! <33
Manda awwww you're a doll!!! thanks sweetie!! i'm so glad God gave me you!!! }
church with my girl 2 weeks ago!!
On the other hand, I got to have a GRREAT skype sesh tonight with my forever bestie, Mackenna, who lives in Iowa!! It was awesome to catch up, and actually see each other face to face!! :) I love you Mack!!!
1. I have three big loves in life: kids, horses, and volleyball. I'm trying to figure out how I can make a career out of them, but besides the idea of kids riding horseback while spiking the ball over the net, I haven't come up with anything. :)
2. I'm a movie addict. A few movies I can watch over and over and over and never get tired of are: "International Velvet", "Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken", and "Remember the Titans".
3. I have this new thing for iced tea. I love it soo much!! Like, raspberry is one of my favorite flavors! Soo good!!
4. My life verse is Jeremiah 33:3 "Call to Me [Jesus] and I will answer you, and will show you great and mighty things which you do not know."
5. I laugh the most, and the hardest with my family. Especially my sisters. Once you get me going, I can't stop. lol
6. I'm a country girl through and through. Give me some dirt roads and an old farmhouse with a very big wraparound porch, and I'm set. :) Oh and a horse or two.
7. I lovelovelove country music!! Some recent favorites are: "Wagon Wheel" by Darius Rucker, "See You Again" by Carrie Underwood, and "Why Don't We Just Dance" by Josh Turner.
8. Three of my favorite modern TV shows are Duck Dynasty, the Today Show (Which my famfam was just on when we were in NYC this past Sunday and Monday!! more on that trip laterrr). and What Not to Wear.
9. I loveeee the camp setting, and I've worked two summers in a row at two different camps. Thinking of doing it again next summer.
10. I'm 19 1/2 and still not driving. Next summer I'll start all that.... :/
11. I love the Book of John, and the Book of James, in the Bible.
12. A few of my favorite blogs are 'Marie Loves...', 'Sweetness Itself,', 'A Beautiful Heart', and 'Yours Truly'.
13. My favorite seasons are fall and winter. Love me some cold weather. <3
14. I've been blessed with the bestest friend in the world! Love you Mackenna Alyse!! <3
15. I don't know how to swim.
16. Someday, Lord-willing, if I'm blessed with a husband, I would love to adopt kids, even if we are blessed with our own children. I love the wonderful thing that adoption is, and I want to have a part in that someday.
17. I have a sweet-tooth, and so I got my first cavity ever about a month ago. I was terrified, but it all went well and I didn't even need anesthesia!
18. I have to eat popcorn while watching movies. Its a must.
19. I love Jesus with all my heart!!
20. I hope that my future hubby will love to cook, cuz so far in my life I don't. :)