Sunday, July 8, 2012

Reflection

This morning in Sunday School, we started reading 1 Peter. Actually, we read thru the whole book. We all went around the room, each person reading one verse, until we got to the end. Then our teacher Adam (who is pretty cool. :)) gave us a few minutes to look thru all five chapters and pick out something that stood out to us. It could be a verse, or a short passage... whatever. Just something.

Ch. 1, vs. 7 stuck out to me:

"that the genuiness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ."



This is what I long for. I must say I've never truly been tested, I have yet to 'go thru the fire'. But when I do, my prayer is that I praise God for what He is doing in my life, and what He will do in the future.
I have been rereading the 'Bailey Flanigan Series' by Karen Kingsbury ("Leaving, Learning, Longing, Loving") and the main character, Bailey, has made me think more of my relationship with Jesus. The joy of Jesus just flows from her! How strong is my relationship with Jesus? I must say it isn't very strong. :/ I am striving to do better tho, because Bailey, and also Kelsey, Karen's daughter, have become role models for me. Kelsey is always shouting out encouragement and Bible verses on her Twitter

So, friends, would you please pray for me? The battle I'm in against things I worship instead of the Lord is really hard, and I am weak. But I know He is strong, and I know I am not the only one fighting.

"Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world." 1 Peter 5:9

Love,
Manda

1 comment :

  1. It really hit me when Adam said the thing about the people in India, and asked if our faith/his faith was that strong... I think everyone can always come to conclusion their faith can be stronger. Just keep pressing on!

    "The battle I'm in against things I worship instead of the Lord is really hard, and I am weak. But I know He is strong, and I know I am not the only one fighting." YES. I hear you, sister.

    Praying for you! <3
    Allison

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you've gotten this far, cuz you know how much I loooove comments! So go ahead and leave one!!!

XO,
Manda <3