1. Speak to people - there's nothing nicer than a cheerful word of greeting.
2. Smile at people - it takes 72 muscles to frown and 14 to smile! :D
3. Call people by name - the sweetest music to anyone's ears is the sound of their name.
4. Be friendly and helpful - if you would have friends, be friendly!!
5. Be cordial [that word reminds me of Anne of Green Gables!] - act as if everything were a pleasure.
6. Be genuinely interested in people - you can like everyone if you try! :)
7. Be generous with praise - cautious with criticism.
8. Be considerate of others' feelings - it will be appreciated.
9. Be thoughtful of the opinions of others.
10. Be alert to give service - what counts most in life is what we do for others!!!
*credit to Elizabeth George, from her book A Young Woman After God's Own Heart.*
Awhile back, I started reading this book with my devotions, but I only got maybe a bit more than halfway, and then I kinda slipped out of reading it.... and also doing my devos!!!! :(
I totally totally totally recommend this book -- its such a wonderful book, and I felt that I really grew alot in my relationship with God. Now, I'm thinking maybe this summer I will start the book over with my devos, becuz I really loved it!! :)
When I found this list, I wrote it down on a piece of paper and stuck it in the front of my Bible. To be honest, I need to work on some of these, 'specially with my siblings! ;) So, after I have finished the Gospels (I'm reading Matthew right now) I'm going to start this book, while I mebbe read Proverbs, or Psalms. And, I think that's all.
Oh! Before I forget, I would like to say that from now on, I'm going to stop posting SO MUCH about Narnia! I feel like possibly I have offended some of you by posting like in every post about something Narnian. I feel pretty stupid and foolish, really. So, I am going on a Narnia break, for at least two weeks, maybe more if I feel like it. :)
I have really neglected God in the past couple of months, putting many other things before HIM, so I am going to really be concentrating on doing my devos, reading my Bible, and really studying His Word. Would you guys mind praying for me? That I will stay strong and not be tempted NOT to do my devos, and to really try and grow closer to the Lord??? Thank you!!!
Lotsa love and hugs,
Manda Liz <3